Sleep like a baby and wake up feeling refreshed!
These nighttime rituals & morning routines will help you live a much improved life!
10 NIGHTTIME RITUALS FOR A BETTER NIGHTS SLEEP
These 10 steps come from LifeSpa website using Ayurveda, which first and foremost is a lifestyle behavioral system of medicine and has much to say on this issue. Let’s review some of the simple Ayurvedic behavioral and lifestyle approaches to better sleep.
- Take out a kind and uplifting, non-stimulating book at 8:30 or 9:00 PM and begin to read. By 9:30 or 10 PM, you will likely get sleepy. Do not get up — turn the light out and go to sleep.
- Get up when your eyes naturally open without an alarm. Even if it is 5:06 AM — get out of bed.
- Meditate at least twice a day for 15-20 minutes in the morning and around sunset. You can also meditate at night if sleep is interrupted. >>> See my Meditation eCourse, The Transformational Awareness Technique
- Eat a bigger and more relaxing lunch and have a light and early supper. It is difficult to sleep on a full stomach. Take sugar and processed foods out of the diet.
- Stay hydrated during the day, but don’t drink after supper, as waking up to urinate is common and disturbing.
- Make peace with your family before bed — never go to bed while angry or stressed. Try to resolve issues before bed.
- Take a hot bath and give yourself a warm oil massage while bathing or showering before bed. >>> Learn how to do self-massage (abhyanga) here
- Drink a cup of hot milk before bed. Add a pinch of: ghee, coconut, almonds, saffron, turmeric, ginger and dates. >>> See my formula, Ojas Nightly Tonic
- Create a peaceful setting for sleep. Take the TV and computer out of the bedroom and make sure the room is dark.
- Remove environmental disturbances. Turn off all the Wi-Fi signal in the house, including cell phones.
6 MORNING ROUTINES THAT WILL WAKE UP SLOWLY
In his book, The Miracle Morning, Hal Elrod has 6 steps to start your day out right, they’re called S.A.V.E.R.S!
S – Silence – Meditation – Prayer – Calming thoughts
A – Affirmations – Encouraging self talk.
V – Visualization – Imagining how you would like your life to be!
E – Exercise – Get your blood pumping!
R – Reading – Something uplifting and powerful that will get you inspired!
S – Scribe – Process your thoughts and reflect on your life!