Hand-Sort Select Soap Nuts
Sun-dried, De-seeded Soap Berries
USDA Certified Organic
I had never heard of soap nuts before, also known as soap berries, until I saw them on Pinterest. I was intrigued because I am always looking for green, organic, sustainable products to use in my home. So I found them on Amazon by a company called “NaturOli” and decided to try them out.
Before I tell you how they worked, let me give you a little soap nut background. Soap Nuts (Soap Berries) are a gift from Mother Nature, a sustainable, natural resource that grows wild from the sapindus trees. The fruit is picked & dried and it’s the dried fruit that produces the “soap” (saponin). Making it the ultimate 100% natural laundry detergent and cleanser!
Now let me tell you how they worked. They come with a little pouch that you put 4 or 5 nuts into. Then, because I use cold water to wash my clothes, they recommended to soak them in hot water before using them. So, while I gathered up my clothes I soaked them. It only took a few minutes and they were ready to use.
I poured the soap nut pouch in along with the soaking water, then, added in my clothes and let ‘er rip. That’s it, nothing else was added, when they were finished, I put everything in the dryer, including the pouch. They came out fresh & cleaned!! I used my initial 4 berries for 7 washes before I had to change them out 😀
I should say at this point that my laundry isn’t very soiled. I don’t do construction, lawn maintenance or anything that would be considered “dirty” work. I do, however, work in the garden and perspire. They are effective in removing soil and odors while leaving my clothes feeling soft. I even used them to wash my sheets & towels. The towels are very soft, while still being absorbent. Bathroom towels that aren’t absorbent is something I used to dislike about synthetic fabric softener.
The soap nuts were so gentle, they are superb for delicate fabrics. If you have allergies or are sensitive to commercial chemicals & fragrances and want to do your part to help create a sustainable, organic world, then soap nuts are the answer!
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, Eco-friendly and biodegradalbe
- Low sudsing – perfect for high efficiency (he) washers
- Free of synthetic chemicals, fillers, toxins, dyes and perfumes
- Ideal for cloth cotton diaper landering
- Imported only from Fair Trade, Co-op suppliers
- NaturOli Soap Nuts are cleaned, sorted & packaged in the USA
NaturOli Soap nuts are the highest grade quality. Only premium soap berries are harvested at the their optimal time to ensure maximum saponin content. They are then de-seeded by hand.
Along with my NaturOli Soap Nut purchase I was given a sample of “Extreme 18X” concentrate soap. I use it in my mop water to mop my tile floor and it works perfectly!! But, there are a plethora of green, cleaning uses – both household and personal care. Inherently healthy and nourishing properties will leave skin conditioned too. You can throw away those rubber gloves! Experiment and adjust amounts used depending upon your desired results.
OTHER SOAP NUT USES:
- Non-streak glass & window cleaner.
- All-purpose kitchen and bathroom cleaner
- Perfect for washing fruits & veggies
- Gentle dish detergent. Not recommended for most dishwashers.
- Excellent for stainless steel, polished granite, tile & counter tops.
- High sheen jewelry cleaner.
- Low sudsing carpet cleaner for ultra soft carpets & rugs.
- Wash water is excellent for watering yard & plants
- Effective plant spray for a non-toxic pest deterrent.
- Gentle car wash (wont remove wax).
- Biodegradable soap – a camper’s dream. Even helps ward off insects.
- Gentle, non-irritating, chemical free washing & bathing.
- Conditioning hair & skin treatments. Excellent for most with eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, dandruff, itchy scalp & other irritating skin conditions. An initial patch test is recommended.
- The ultimate pet shampoo. Leaves coat with a healthy sheen while leaving skin soft & nourished. Also helps deter fleas, ticks & other common pests.
Click the banner below to take advantage of the possibly the most significant green innovation in history for everyday household cleaning needs!
If you would also like to be an affiliate click below.